Monday, November 12, 2007

Develop Your Gift

Today's Scripture
“Do not neglect the gift of God within you…” (I Timothy 4:14).


Today's Word from Joel and Victoria Osteen
You are created and designed for a specific purpose. God has placed gifts inside of you to equip you to fulfill your purpose. Do you know what those gifts are? What are you passionate about? What can you do better than other people? What would you choose to do if there were no obstacles? God wants you to develop and pursue the gift inside of you. Your gift is a part of your destiny. But the gifts God gives aren’t just for us. He gives us gifts to help build the kingdom of God. You have a specific role to play in the body of Christ. That doesn’t mean God’s going to send you to a third world country or make you preach. But, there are people only you can reach. Are you using your gift to build the kingdom? Are you serving in your local church? Even if you are still discovering what your gifts are, you can simply take a step and volunteer. Everyone has something to give. You can give a smile, a handshake, or an encouraging word. As you step out and serve others, you’ll see the gift inside of you begin to grow, and you’ll move forward into the destiny God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me to fulfill my destiny. Thank You for walking with me and guiding me. Show me ways to develop what You have given me so that I can build Your kingdom in the earth. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


No comments: