Friday, September 7, 2007

Appreciation Dinner

Every October, our little congregation does a "Pastor Appreciation Dinner" along with Thanksgiving. This year, the leadership decided to do a "Congregation Appreciation Dinner", with the leadership team preparing, serving, and doing cleanup for the congregation. There are four of us putting on a spaghetti dinner for about 60 people tomorrow night.

I've enjoyed the preparation this week. Yesterday, I made 3 large pots of spaghetti sauce, which is now sitting in my fridge, the flavours blending together nicely. Over the course of 3 days, I've been baking chocolate chip cookies, lemon bars, chocolate chip/peanut butter cookie bars, and banana bread ~ and tasting a little of each along the way. :)
Tomorrow afternoon we'll meet at the church to set up and decorate tables, and prepare the salad, garlic bread and spaghetti. We've ordered (but I don't think they're going to arrive in time) appreciation gifts ~ mugs that are inscribed with, "Thank you for your servant heart" on one side and a Scripture verse (I can't remember which one) on the other side.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. The dinner will be nice, but I'm looking forward to the comraderie of working together with the others to put on the dinner. They're wonderful people to work with. We make a good team.

No comments: