Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Alberta trip

I like road trips. There's something about driving, enjoying the scenery, stopping for a meal or a treat, and then spending the night in a hotel, that captures my interest. Even if our destination is a familiar one, I like to take a different route whenever time permits.

This was one of those times. We spent our first night in Radium Hot Springs, in a lodge overlooking the valley, with a fantastic mountain view. The sunset we observed from our balcony was spectacular. Going through the Rocky Mountains the next morning was all I had hoped it would be. Majestic, towering rocks...an awesome display of God's creativity. I took close to a hundred pictures before we reached our son's house.

After a night there, we all went to Calgary for a couple days. It is so fun to take a two-year-old to the zoo! Our grandson, Alex, is the cutest, most polite little man, with an adorable personality and wonderful smile that lights up his whole face. His daddy would hold him up to get a better view of each animal and when Alex had seen enough, he'd say, "All done." By the end of the day, he really was "all done".
I had booked a less expensive hotel the next night, wanting to save a few dollars. We were late checking in and discovered that our room had been upgraded for some reason ~ I couldn't quite understand why. But we were getting the upgraded room for the same price I had been quoted, so I just accepted that. Turns out our new room was an Executive Suite with a jacuzzi tub! Tastefully appointed, cozy, with the most comfortable sleigh bed...this was the nicest room we had on this trip and for the least amount of money! I think God was saying, "I love you, My children."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.