Monday, July 23, 2007

Calling and Vision

Recently, I had the privilege of teaching in our church on God's calling and His vision for our lives. The way I understand it, God's call on my life is "what" He has called me to do. His vision for my life is "how" He wants me to do what He has called me to do. I believe as a Christian, it's important for me to know what it is God wants me to do in His Kingdom and how He sees me doing it. Several people may have the same calling on their lives, but the vision God has for how they are to fulfill that calling will be unique to each individual. For example, we are all called to be "ministers of reconciliation for God". But not all of us "ministers" will be pastors of a church. Some will pastor churches, while others will "minister" one-on-one. God wants to work through each individual's unique personality and giftings.In the class, we took time to wait on God, listening while He spoke to each of us about His calling and His vision for us personally. We wrote down what He told us, shared it with each other, then offered it up in prayer, coming into agreement with God about His call and vision for our lives. It was a powerful time, drawing us closer to our Lord and to each other. And we all came away with a greater sense of who God has called us to be and the vision He has of us and for us.

No comments: