Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dear deer

There are three young deer resting in my yard. That isn't unusual for here. Deer in town and in our yards is a common occurrence, some might even say 'nuisance'. And yes, they do leave messes and they do eat my flowers. But they are such pretty animals and having them laying in my yard, resting, brings such a sense of peace to my surroundings. After living in the hectic city for so many years, there's something soothing about being this close to the 'great outdoors' and its wildlife. Pretty tame wildlife, I admit. But soothing, nonetheless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deer are so graceful and gentle looking. I saw a baby deer on the side of the interstate on the way to the vet in Wilmington. He was so small.

Don't know if I could handle them eating my flowers though! :)

May said...

Fawns are so sweet looking! I love their spots. We saw one today with its mother, eating leaves from a tree in someone's yard.